Fashion & Entertainment News
Links to top news in the fashion and entertainment industries.
- Meghan Markle Gave a Powerful Speech About the Death of George Floyd and Black Lives MatterMeghan Markle spoke about George Floyd, the protests, and Black Lives Matter in a commencement speech to her high school.Abby Gardner
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Star Stephanie Beatriz Wants Actors Who’ve Played Cops to Donate to Bail FundsStephanie Beatriz of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" wants actors who've played cops to donate to bail funds. She donated $11,000 to start.Emily Tannenbaum
- Lili Reinhart Comes Out as Bisexual"Riverdale" star Lili Reinhart just came out as a "proud bisexual woman": “I've never announced it publicly before.”Christopher Rosa
- 8 Journalists on Reporting While Black, With the Weight of History on Their ShouldersAs thousands take to the streets to demand justice, Black women in journalism reflect on the pain and purpose of this moment.
- Amanda Seales Leaves Fox’s ‘The Real’ After 6 Months, Hints There’s a Lack of Black Voices at the TopAmanda Seales has left her job as a cohost on the Fox talk show The Real. She broke the news on Instagram Live on June 2.Emily Tannenbaum
- 48 Black-Owned Menswear Businesses, Labels, and Clothing StoresFrom sweatsuits to business suits, you can shop with intent AND find anything you'd want.The Editors of GQ
- “Don't Worry About Us—Worry About What's Going On”: a Conversation With Union L.A. Owner Chris GibbsWith uprisings in L.A. and across the country, Gibbs isn’t worrying about looters or his store. Instead, he’s laser-focused on what matters most: fighting police brutality.Cam Wolf
- The 15 Percent Pledge Asks Major Corporations to Support Black-Owned BusinessesDesigner Aurora James's 15 Percent Pledge calls on big retailers to devote shelf space to historically underrepresented brands.Cam Wolf
- What Luxury Brands Can Learn from LootingMany designers have struggled to articulate a coherent response to this weekend’s protests. But a few recognize that politics is more than marketing.Rachel Tashjian
- The Coolest New Watches to Buy Right NowFrom updated classics to limited-edition gems, these are the 2020 timepieces we're saving up for.The Editors of GQ
- Dazed’s “Kindred Spirits” Won’t Fit in the BoxModel and four-time champion Chelsea Werner is no stranger to the spotlight More...Irene Ojo-Felix
- There’s not much else like Marfamily, is there?Issue #5 promises prophecy made palpable in 6 covers More...Steven Yatsko
- Re-Edition contributors make their own fun, here’s pages of itIf you're bored then you're boring, they say (see inside issue 12) More...Steven Yatsko
- LOVE loves Adut in the their latest, we had a lookAdut wears shirt, faux fur scarf (worn as bandeau) and rinted silk pants, all by Sies Marjan If all this wasn’t enough, Adut adds additional editorial assets to flex her super girl status between the pages of Love Magazine‘s latest. So much fodder equals fire when it comes to year-round bookings like these, but that […]Steven Yatsko
- Thankfully Dazed made Adut a cowgirl cover star for its autumn issueAdut Akech helps the magazine unpack the cowboy in youth culture More...Steven Yatsko
- Page after page, we preview some Document Journal picks from its well attended 14th issueThe biannual drops its S/S 2019 issue, see inside exclusively here More...Steven Yatsko
- The Bachelor's Amanda Stanton Reacts After Being Accused of Bringing Kids to Protest for ''Fame''Amanda Stanton is standing by her decision to bring her young daughters to a Black Lives Matter protest. On Wednesday, The Bachelor star shared a photo of her and 5-year-old Charlie...
- Couple Gets Engaged During Moving Black Lives Matter Protest Moment"Making history while witnessing history." Across the United States, countless emotional pictures have emerged of those participating in the protests ignited by the police killing...
- Investigation Launched Into YouTuber Myka Stauffer's Adopted Son's WelfareIt's been a week since YouTubers Myka Stauffer and James Stauffer shared their decision to place their adopted son, Huxley, in the care of another family. Now, the Delaware County...
- Lebron James, Aaron Rodgers and More Athletes Slam Drew Brees for National Anthem RemarksNFL quarterback Drew Brees can add one more fumble to his career total. The New Orleans Saints star is the latest public figure to spark backlash over his comments surrounding his beliefs...
- British Police Identify New Suspect in Madeleine McCann DisappearanceThere are new developments in the investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance. On Wednesday, U.K. police announced via Twitter that they've identified a new suspect,...
- Elite boys all over Simons: Riley, Sadiq, Jarret
- Aleece by Tal AbudiHair + Makeup: Kevin Cheah
- #newface ROZ by Porus Vimadalal and Prayag Menon
- #elitehotseat: HANNAH SABUELBAHow did you get started at Elite Toronto? -- I started at Elite Toronto December of 2012 as an intern when I was studying Fashion Communication at Ryerson University. During my internship, I had a particular interest in social media - my goal was to build Elite a credible reputation on social media and for the […]
- Have you met Mckenzie?